Thursday, March 24, 2005

Improved usability and a small glitch

If you selected multiple slides in Microsoft PowerPoint and tried saving them as image files, in a previous version (2000, I think), you'd get the following dialog box. (Sorry, the image's not too clear.) Read the message again and you'll see why this is confusing. Do the same thing in a later version of PowerPoint (2002 is what I tried with), and you'll get the following dialog box. Simple, elegant, and easy to figure out what to do. I'm glad someone is thinking about making life easier for the user. Except for one small thing. PowerPoint doesn't let you save multiple slides as images--it's either all slides or just one slide. Now, if they can fix that too, I'd be deliriously happy. --- Updated on 24 Mar 2005 at 15.55 -- Argh! I didn't capture the second image (which isn't as clear) in the proper size, so when I published it as a post, it ended up overlapping the hyperlinks under Previous Posts. I ended up trying to fix it a couple of times and this is the best I could come up with. I didn't notice this during the preview, otherwise I would've fixed it. Double argh! The second dialog box is supposed to read as follows:Do you want to export every slide in the presentation or only the current slide? The buttons are Every Slide, Current Slide, and Cancel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home